Car Park Open from 07:15
Car Parking Options: Up to 200 spaces for Coalface Competitors will be located 300 metres from the main Discovery Park entrance. Please take care turning into car park road and follow the signs and stewards direction when parking responsibly.
Up to 50 Spaces on Castlecomer ‘s Main Square Parking. This is located roadside before the bridge and again is 300metres from Discovery Park Main Entrance.
The Discovery Park’s main Car Park will accommodate overflow parking where necessary but priority given to Emergency vehicles and other Park businesses.
BIKE RACK TRANSITION: Once you have parked you will be passing through the Bike Racking area on route up to the Registration Dome in the woods.
You WILL be able to get your bike sticker number and rack your bike here BEFORE heading up to the Registration Dome for Sign in, race number bib and timing device.
- All bikes will be checked for road worthiness, brakes and helmets. Carry a spare tube.
- There will be 3 Bike Racking sections Challenge/Sport/Elite. Choose the correct one for your race. Please rack your bike in the same spot at all times during your race.
- There are toilets at Registration/Start area.
- There is a bag drop facility at the Registration/Start area.
- There is a coffee shop open for early arrivals at the Registration/Start area.
- There are covered seating here also.
- Prizes for first 3 female and male finishers. Prize giving within 30mins of 3rd place finishing in each race. Prize giving at the “three rock podium” near Start line. Race Director’s decision is final.
- Complimentary Post Race soup and sandwiches served in the Registration Dome.
- The Canopy Cafe will be open at the Start/Finish Line throughout the event.
- Do not Litter. This is a beautiful woodland Park. We leave as we find please.
- Respect the Stewards. They volunteered and are there for your safety.
- The Park’s activities will be open on the day. Check them out on www.discoverypark.ie and respect other park users.
- There are no road closures on the bike routes. Rules of the road apply. Obey the Bike Marshals. They are from Deenside Cycle Club and know what they are doing.